Use this documentation when learning how to build applications using Tekla Open API.
If you're new to the Tekla Open API, this is the perfect starting point. Our user-friendly guides, exercises, examples, and expert tips will walk you through the process of becoming a proficient Tekla Structures developer. Practice makes perfect. Explore our interactive exercises to reinforce your learning and gain hands-on experience in creating custom solutions for Tekla Structures.
By the time you've completed this learning journey, you'll be equipped to customize Tekla Structures, automate repetitive tasks, and create powerful extensions tailored to your unique requirements. Get ready to unleash your creativity and take your Tekla Structures expertise to new heights.
- Introduction to self learning exercises
- Exercise 1: Create pad footings
- Exercise 2: Create columns on top of pad footings
- Exercise 3: Connect columns to pad footings
- Exercise 4: Create rebars to pad footings
- Exercise 5: Let the user select profile for columns
- Exercise 6: Let user select rebars for pad footings
- Exercise 7: Load steel materials from catalog to selection form
- Exercise 8: Add text to drawing
- Exercise 9: Browse through drawings list and open a drawing
Hints and tips
- Creating applications
- Selected Tekla Open API classes
- Coordinate systems and work planes
- Enumerate Tekla Structures model and drawing objects
- Check the connection between the application and Tekla Structures
- Ask user to pick model and drawing objects
- Creating standard embeds using custom components
Distributing, promoting and supporting
- Tekla Structures Extension Package (TSEP)
- Distribute your Tekla apps through Tekla Warehouse
- Tips on how to promote your apps using Tekla Warehouse
- Promote in Tekla Development Experts
- Using Tekla Model Sharing in coding projects
- Support your app users in Tekla Discussion Forum
- Create Instructor help for your tool
- Tekla Structures 2024 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2023 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2022 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2021 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2020 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2019i Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2019 Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2018i Open API Release Notes
- Tekla Structures 2018 Open API Release Notes
- Release Notes archive
Check Tekla Open API 2024
.NET Framework 4.8 or later is now required to compile tools using Tekla Open API 2024 libraries. Check out this and other improvements in Tekla Open API 2024.
Tekla Developer Awards 2024
Solved a problem by writing great code? The Tekla BIM Awards has a special category for developers.
Join Tekla Discussion Forum
Developers make Tekla APIs for developers. Join the Tekla Discussion Forum, meet your peers and find solutions to your problems.
Discover resources to develop applications and integrations with Trimble solutions. Together, we can transform the way the world works.