Using Tekla Model Sharing in coding projects
Tekla Model Sharing allows Tekla Structures project teams to work efficiently together regardless of their location or time zone.
Ideas how to use Tekla Model Sharing in coding projects
You could, for example:
- Specify the application together with the customer and end-users
- Connect to the customer’s non-production project in order to test and verify your application
- Demo the application to your customer using Tekla Model Sharing
- Support your customers more easily by sharing Tekla Structures models back and forth
How to use your Tekla Model Sharing license
You can start sharing your own Tekla Structures models with your customers.
Or your customer can invite you as a user to the customer’s test model you need to work with. Your customer must invite you as an Editor with writing rights to the model, otherwise you cannot edit the model.
A word of warning
Join only non-production models using Tekla Structures Partner. If you create or join a Tekla Model Sharing project, it is for non-production usage. All drawings in the project will have a watermark stamp.
When writing out a model using Tekla Structures Partner you will see a warning "You are sharing a model created with a partner license. It can not be used for commercial purposes including, but not limited to, modeling, detailing, or fabrication. Do you want to share the model?".
How to fix it?
If you by mistake joined and shared your changes with a production model and all drawings are having watermarks, try the following:
- Use sharing change detection and sharing history to see who has shared and what. For more information, check this Tekla Users Assistance guide.
- Restore a previous version of the model and start using that model in Tekla Model Sharing.
See instructions in Tekla User Assistance how to take the previous version of the model into use.
Start with free Tekla Model Sharing 90 day trial
The trial can be activated once and it is available for those Tekla Partners Program members and customers, who do not have Tekla Model Sharing licenses and have not evaluated Model Sharing previously.
Tekla Model Sharing is not included in the Tekla Partners Program Suite and needs to be purchased separately after the trial.