Tekla Structural Designer 2022 Open API Release Notes
Tekla Structural Designer Open API 2022
The enhanced API enables structural engineers to automate manual processes and incorporate Tekla Structural Designer into their engineering office workflows by direct integration.
- The enhancements make a number of workflows easier, such as:
- Extraction of model data to report externally.
- Extraction of model data and analysis results for external design, such as end forces for connection design.
- Analysis workflow allows model creation and editing, application loading, running analysis, and extracting analysis results through the API
- In previous API releases, it was possible to read most aspects of the model geometry and analysis results, but not to create models. With the 2022 version, the API now allows for the creation of:
- Model 1D elements (such as analysis elements, concrete, and steel)
- Loads of all types
- Additionally, API users can now:
- Edit some model element properties, such as entity alignments and section profiles.
- Run validation and analysis
- Extract reinforcement information for members, walls, and slabs.
Tekla Structural Designer Open API 2022 SP1
In Tekla Structural Designer 2022 SP1, the following capabilities have been added:
- Extract session history through API. TSD-10942
- Wall and wall opening creation and editing through API. TSD-11070
- Slab and slab opening creation and editing through API. TSD-11160
- Roof panel creation and editing through API. TSD-11533
Tekla Structural Designer Open API 2022 SP2
In Tekla Structural Designer 2022 SP2, the API will no longer be part of the Tekla Structural Designer installation. The package can now be downloaded from nuget.org. This makes it much easier for you to include the package in your application and get future updates on the package.
Alongside this, a new example file has been created and uploaded to GitHub. This example demonstrates using the Tekla Structural Designer Remoting API to create a simple model, add loads, loadcases, and combinations, run analysis, and extract analysis results.
Additionally, the following capabilities have been added to the Tekla Structural Designer Remoting API:
- Create and edit foundations (pad and strip bases, pile caps, individual piles). TSD-11520
- Identify the Regional Code (Head Code) from the model. TSD-11639
- It is easier to extract loading analysis results for a member for a given load type, direction, and position or point of interest. TSD-11550
- The relation between solver elements and their associated member can now be identified using the API. TSD-11882
- The relation between solver nodes and construction points can now be identified using the API. TSD-11677
Tekla Structural Designer Open API 2022 SP3
The API examples on GitHub have been updated as follows:
The CreatingAndAnalyzingModel example now includes the creation of isolated foundations, as well as editing of steel beam and concrete column sections.
Example styles and package references have been updated.
The Extracting1DElementData has been updated to fix an issue in the output of section properties.
Additionally, the following capabilities have been added to the Tekla Structural Designer Remoting API in this release:
- The Name property can now be extracted for any member span. Previously the Name was available for the full member, but not individual spans. TSD-12216
Portal Frames can now be created, edited, and the data extracted via the API. TSD-11770
This includes data relating to all aspects of the portal frame including; Columns, Rafters, Haunches, Parapets and Ties.
Section and material properties for the above can be extracted, as well as required dimensions, among other properties
Tekla Structural Designer Open API 2022 SP4
The following capabilities have been added to the Tekla Structural Designer Remoting API in this release:
- Design group information is now available. TSD-12254
- It is now possible to get design groups with lists of members and sub-groups.
Check Status and Utilization Ratio are now available. TSD-12599
This includes the ability to get and set Check Status and Utilization Ratio for; Member spans, Wall panels, Slab items.