The winner adds cloud based issue management capabilities to Tekla Structures
Congratulations, Paul and the whole BIMcollab team!
Better cloud-based issue management
The winning solution, BIMcollab BCF Manager, is an integration for Tekla Structures and BIMcollab, an issue collaboration platform. The application adds cloud-based issue management capabilities to Tekla Structures. Users can create and modify issues and communicate them directly from within the application through BIMcollab.
"We are very pleased to see so many talented developers participating in the competition and so many votes received from all over the world. The winning application BIMcollab BCF Manager for Tekla Structures complements our efforts to improve collaboration in the construction industry.” says Chris Wilson, director of Trimble’s engineering segment.
The winner won Oculus Quest
The VR headset can be used, for example, visualizing large Trimble Connect models and implementing applications with Trimble Connect Web API.
Said about the winner application
Below are few comments from voters who voted for the BIMcollab BCF Manager for Tekla Structures application.
- “All wat u Need”
- “It's very helpful managing and solving modeling problems quickly without using any additional apps or programs or writing emails. It saves time because it takes you to the exact place where you want to show, you don't need to waste your time reading comments and searching the exact place.”
- “Very intuitive and unique in ability to connect to all other major BIM tools”
- “Helps communication in the design process a lot”
- “I think the app is the key for solving the main problems for multi users. I think the app is smart and one of the best improvements at this time.”
- “BCF is essential to have a unique and good BIM workflow.”
- “It's unique, because it helps me to implement a highly effective BIM workflow”
- “It's easy and fast. I'm a fan.”
- “Yes, a direct link to issue management. This is crucial.”
- “With this app i can create issues in the cloud. and it is working great for me now i can see my issues on the road.”
- “Great practical use in combination with the BIMcollab web platform”
Great success: 24 outstanding applications
The Tekla Developer Awards 2019 competition was a great success - we received in total 24 great applications. We are so happy to see so many awesome applications that solve Tekla users' problems.
The four highest voted applications
More than 600 votes were cast by Tekla users and developers around the world.
At Trimble we witnessed a hot competition with four highest voted applications that in the end received almost equal number of votes:
|BIMcollab BCF Manager for Tekla Structures||Paul Deckers, BIMcollab|
|Connection export to IDEA StatiCa||Juraj Sabatka, IDEA StatiCa|
|Ruslan Romashchuk, IE Romashchuk R|
|Sigmat Stair API||Ayub Muhammad and others at Sigmat|
Winner of the voters' draw
Eugene Pyatin from Russia won the Suunto 5 sports watch in Tekla Developer Awards voters draw.
Thank you to all!
Thanks to all voters and participants for hard work and submissions to the Tekla Developer Awards 2019 competition.
We hope that you have enjoyed the Tekla Developer Awards 2019 competition and will continue participating in the future as well.