Tekla Developer Awards 2019: Filtering Tool
Dawid Dyrcz, ODS.
Filtering Tool is an application to fast filtering model views and making selection filters based on model phases. This application is for every Tekla Structures User.
- Filtering views - filters are based on model phases
- Switching selection filters
- Turning on and turning off bolts, lines, welds, points, components, reference models etc.
- Adding new phases, renaming existing, setting current phases
- Moving parts from one phase to another
- Importing and exporting model phases
Problem that app solves
Filtering tool improve maintenance of large Tekla Structures Models, because model objects can be on many phases. Filtering tool allow to switch view between this phases in very efficient way.
I have been developing this application by myself. Application was built based on feedback given to me by my coworkers.
It took 3 years. Now application is complete.
I and my coworkers use this application every day in every project. Half a year ago I decided to publish this application in Tekla Warehouse. Today there are almost 400 downloads.
Source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/dawiddyrcz/Filtering-tool-for-tekla-structures.
Filtering Tool at Tekla Warehouse
Tekla Warehouse contains also, for example, Basic Tutorial containing 10 videos, link to source code on GitHub, tips and screenshots, and an email address for support questions.